- Posted by A Greener NJ
- On November 18, 2016
- 0 Comments
This church desperately wanted to upgrade the lighting in the gym in their facility. It was lit with High Pressure Sodium lamps and some large CFL lamps. The other challenge was these were in long cylindrical cans that limited the distribution of the light. You can see that even with the 4 wallpacks on the two ends, the 4,702 total watts provided very uneven, dingy yellow light with many dark areas – hardly conducive to any event they wanted to have in this gym – sports, concerts, dinners, plays, etc.
Our solution was 10 131W LED High Bays with impact resistant frosted lenses (it IS a gym!), totaling 1,048 for a 77.7% energy savings! More importantly, the gym now looks stunning!
These IP65 rated (waterproof) High Bays have a 7 Year Warranty and are rated for 79,000 hours – literally decades in a church setting!
They also wanted to be able to control the lights based on the room’s function, so we also provided our state-of-the-art wireless dimming system that they can control via an APP on their phone, iPAD, or PC – from anywhere in the world!
- Each light can be individually controlled.
- These are never on full, they are dimmed 20%. When LEDs are dimmed, the lumens drop half as much as the wattage, so this 8-10% drop in lumens, off the top, no one would ever notice. Now, they are 104.8W and the rated life increases by at least 20%.
- They can dim each light however they want for whatever function they are having AND they can set scenes on the included wall mount scene switch and/or on their iPAD.
- There are 4 motion sensors covering this room, so no one has to remember to turn off the lights and no one has to turn them on, either!
We also installed 2 Model 45 Air Fans up near the peak to:
- Reduce their HVAC bill by 25% or more all winter and make the space more comfortable year round.
- Keep the LED fixtures cooler, ensuring their long life.
- Preserve the wood ceiling. Wood ceilings like this are very common in churches. What happens with all that hot, stale, condensated air up near the peak – it’s rotting the 50 year old wood. These Air Fans bring down that hot air and thoroughly mix it so within a few hours, the air temperature will be no more than a 1-2 degree difference between the floor and ceiling.
- These are also controlled with our wireless dimming/control system. On their iPAD they can turn them off and they can control the fan speed. For this church, these fans run at 90% from midnight to 6 AM, then at 30% from 6AM until midnight. Automatically. And this can be altered at any time, right on the APP!
- These Model 45 fans, which can completely destratify air in a 40-45′ tall space, when on full speed, run at just 170W each. With the wireless dimming system, they consume just 153W for 6 hours and 51W for 18 hours.
Every LED High Bay installation should have these Air Fans, too; to preserve the long life of the LEDs, which do NOT like to operate in warm temperatures.
- Vastly improved lighting –
- 78% energy savings –
- 7 year warranty –
- Complete lighting control on an APP –
- Industry leading air destratification fans saving energy and making the space dramatically more comfortable –
- And saving the wood ceiling – this is what A Greener NJ, LLC can do for any facility.
If you would like a free on-site lighting and energy analysis with a detailed and itemized proposal and ROI calculation, just give us a call at 908-240-7484 or drop an email to info@AGreenerNJ.com. We even submit the rebate on your behalf!
How can we be of service?!